Roads and Sidewalks Maintenance

The Town of Grimsby owns and maintains all municipal roadways and sidewalks. The Operations Centre staff conduct routine maintenance and repairs. If you discover a problem or need to make an inquiry, you can contact us by reporting the issue.


The Public Works Department's Roads Division is responsible for the following on town-owned roads and sidewalks and boulevards:

  • Maintenance which includes sweeping, pothole repairs, ditching, culvert installation/repairs, thawing frozen culverts, snow plowing, winter maintenance (snowplowing & salting), roadside mowing, etc.
  • Maintenance and snow clearing of town-owned parking lots
  • Installation/replacement of roadway signs, street name signs
  • Maintenance/repair of storm sewers and drainage
  • Tree maintenance on boulevards, including requests for new trees


All sidewalks on Municipal and Regional roadways are the responsibility of the Town of Grimsby. Maintenance issues and deficiencies should be reported to the Operations Centre at 905-945-9201 by using the form below.

Pedestrian Concern, Complaint or Inquiry 

Visit Report an Issue.

Contact Us