Skip to main content Skip to footer

Entrance, Service and Utility Permits

Entrance Permit

You need to complete an Entrance Permit, if you are:

  • Widening your driveway
  • Requesting a curb cut
  • Extending your culvert or acquiring a new culvert installation for new entrances
  • Installing a second driveway (inquiry to be made first for approval before permit)

Please call the Public Works Department at 905-945-9634.

Existing Culverts

For damaged or deficient existing culverts, contact the Operations Centre at 905-945-9201.

Servicing Permit

The Town of Grimsby owns and maintains the municipal water and sewer mains and laterals. If you require any of the following, a servicing permit and payment is required:

  • Water and/or sewer laterals
  • Water meter (commercial or larger than the standard size)
  • Fire Line service

Contractors intending to cut into Town roads for servicing installation, use roads for heavy hauling, stop up traffic or road closure, must acquire a Roads Occupancy Permit.  Please contact the Town's Public Works Department at 905-945-9634

Tapping into services

Before connecting to Town services, call our Operations Centre directly for inspection at 905-945-9201

Utility Permits 

Utility contractors are required to complete a permit prior to performing works on Town boulevards. Complete a Utility Permit or contact the Public Works department to inquire at 905-945-9634.


Contact Us

Town of Grimsby
160 Livingston Avenue
Grimsby ON, L3M 0J5
Phone: 905-945-9634
Fax: 905-945-5010

Sign up to stay up to date with news from the Town of Grimsby

Stay up to date on the Town's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our News Alerts.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.