Our collection is even bigger and better than you thought! Access to our growing collection of digital content is another fantastic perk of a Grimsby Public Library card. Whatever your need or interest, we've got something for you; all you need is your library card number.
- General Onefile: Articles from newspapers, journals and magazines on a wide varity of topics.
- Canadian Periodical Index (CPI.Q): Articles from general, academic and business magazines. Full-text from 1995.
- Chilton:Automotive repair information for do-it-yourself fans; repairs, recalls, technical service bulletins, video tutorials and more.
- Grzimek's Animal Life: Everything to want to know about animals; great resources for kids and adults alike.
- Kids Infobits: A database designed just for kids (Kindergarten to Grade 5). Curriculum related, age appropriate, full text content from the best elementary reference sources and magazines
- Literature Resource Centre: Authors, analysis and literary criticism with biographical and critical coverage from all time periods.
- Virtual Reference Library: Full-text research books and encyclopedias covering a broad range of topics including business, medicine, law, science and social sciences.
- Canadian Points of View Reference Centre: All points of view on 100 key curriculum topics.
- Consumer Health Complete: Current and Canadian health information from health journals, encyclopedias and magazines including information about medications, alternative medicine and specific conditions.
- Ebsco Masterfile: Popular interest magazines and journals including Consumer Reports, Time, Newsweek and Rolling Stone. Full text for over 2,000 publications with issues from 1975 to present.
- Novelist: Find your next great read, fiction and nonfiction, by author, title, subject, genre.
- Novelist K-8: Find your next read for kids. Fiction and nonfiction reading suggestions for children.
Ancestry Library - Genealogy, family trees, and family history online. In-library use only - please come to the library to use this database as it is not licensed for use at home.
Career Cruising - Interactive career guidance resource with in-depth profiles of careers, colleges and universities.
Mango Languages - Learn a language online at your own pace. Mango Languages provides online courses for learning over 35 different languages. Basic courses for travelers, or more in-depth courses to take you beyond the basics.
Teen Health and Wellness - This database was developed for teens. It is award-winning and critically acclaimed, providing curricular support and self-help on topics including diseases, drugs and alcohol, nutrition, mental and emotional health, etc. All content is reviewed by leading professionals.
PebbleGo - An interactive reading and research database for kids pre-K to grade 3. PebbleGo makes learning and research skills fun, building on children’s interest. There are two separate databases: PebbleGo Animals and PebbleGo Earth & Space, each are simple to navigate and offer key reading supports of read-along audio and word-by-word highlighting.