Registration for the next session begins: Tuesday, September 4
Baby Time and Tales & Tunes: run the weeks of September 10 - October 29.
Toddler Time and Story Time: run weeks of September 17 - November 5.
You can register for the Winter 2019 session starting Monday, November 5.
Registering your own child?
No registration form is required. Just drop-in on or after the sign up date.
Registering someone else's child?
Please have the parent/guardian fill out the pdf registration form and bring it with you to sign up.
Find the right program for your little one:
Baby Time (0-11 months) | Tales & Tunes (1 yr olds)
Toddler Time (2 yr olds) | Story Time (3 +)
About Preschooler Programs
The Grimsby Public Library provides story time programs to our younger patrons as a way to foster early literacy & language learning skills. Here is what you need to know:
1.There are 3 separate sessions: Fall, Winter, and Spring
2. Sessions run from September - November, January - March, and March - May.
3. This schedule mimics the school year and prepares your child for the future.
4. There are four programs for four different age groups: Baby Time (Ages 0 - 11
months), Tales & Tunes (Age 1), Toddler Time (Age 2), and Story Time (Ages 3+)
5. Each program features age appropriate stories, songs, rhymes, activities, and crafts
that are tailored to develop different literacy & language skills.
6. Children must sign up with their age bracket only.
7. You can pay for your program at the Grimsby Public Library in-person. Cash or debit
will be accepted.
New borns up to 12 months will enjoy stories, songs and finger games to stimulate vision & hearing development. Babies attend with a guardian.
1 yr olds
Develop early literacy skills in your little ones using stories, rhymes, music and movement.
This program is for tots aged 13 - 23 months. Kids attend with a guardian.
2 yr olds
Children 3+ will have fun and learn essential school skills & routines. Stories, songs, and crafts make learning a breeze!
As part of the transition to school, children will attend without a guardian present, although guardians are welcome to the 1st couple classes until the child is comfortable.