Can't find the materials you need at the Grimsby Public Library? Never fear, you
still have options. Try ordering them from another library, FREE of charge.
Go to the online form to request a title
Our Interlibrary Loan service allows the Library to borrow the books you need from other libraries' collections from across Ontario. Interlibrary Loan requests are accepted from all patrons with a valid Grimsby Public Library card in good standing. Interlibrary Loans can be requested online or in person at the Library.
• You must use your own card when you request an interlibrary loan.
• Depending on the material, an interlibrary loan may take 2 to 4 weeks to get here.
• Interlibrary loans are not renewable. The loan period is 3 weeks.
• You can borrow microfilm from national and provincial archives.
• We do not request/receive DVDs.
• Recently published books less than one year old are not available through this service.
Damaged or Lost Interlibrary Loans
Interlibrary loan items do not belong to the Grimsby Public Library, but are borrowed from other libraries. If you lose or damage an item you have borrowed on interlibrary loan, you will be charged a replacement cost and an administrative fee. Both amounts are set by the other library and the amounts may be substantial.
Self Serve Interlibrary Loan
If you are a regular user of the interlibrary loan service, you might be interested in self serve interlibrary loan. You can use self serve interlibrary loan to place your request yourself from the library, work, school, home … anywhere, anytime at your convenience.
To find out about registering for this service, please call the Library at 905-945-5142 or fill out our Tech Help Form and select Interlibrary Loan - Self Serve.