|Art House Café
Hosted in the Grimsby Public Library’s Fireside Lounge, the Art House Café Lecture Series is free to the public, and a café reception will follow each talk.
The Art House Café Lecture Series is dedicated to the memory of Pat and Edith Brown, two dedicated members of the arts community in Grimsby and long-time supporters of the Grimsby Public Art Gallery. The series is run in partnership with the Grimsby Public Library.
Please include the following information with your proposal:
• Contact information: This includes your university affiliation, level of study, address, phone number and email address.
• Title: This may be an initial working title.
• Abstract: A brief description of your proposed paper; no more than 500 words. Ensure that your name does not appear on the abstract itself, as the entries will be juried.
Abstracts will be assessed by a committee of arts professionals from the local community.
Please send the abstract for your proposed talk to:
ATTN: Art House Café Lecture Series
Grimsby Public Art Gallery
18 Carnegie Lane
Grimsby, ON L3M 1Y1
Deadline for submission: Friday November 17, 2017
Please note that we have three deadlines for Exhibition Assistance grant applications annually.
Ongoing Deadlines: January 13, July 31, & October 31
Applications for exhibition assistance grants are now being accepted. Applying artists must have an exhibition scheduled and confirmed in a publicly accessible venue. Grants can assist with exhibition costs, including materials, framing, presentation and shipping.
All applications must include 10 slides or jpegs (compatible with PC), resume, budget, a letter of confirmation for upcoming exhibition, an artist’s statement and description of the exhibition, as well as a SASE with sufficient postage for return of all submitted material. All support material will be returned following the recommender’s decision. Grants amounts range between $500 - $1500 and are now handed out three times a year (deadlines for the GPAG: January 13, July 31, & October 31 of each year)
Visit http://www.arts.on.ca/Page122.aspx for more information and to download the application & guidelines.
Hard copies of the application & guidelines may also be picked up at the Grimsby Public Art Gallery, located at 18 Carnegie Lane.
Selections criteria are informed by the Inc.’s mandated objectives. As an artist-run centre, the Inc. is interested in works that have potential impact, push boundaries and engage with critical, conceptual and/or experimental contexts from diverse perspectives. The Inc. supports and encourages submissions showcasing artists and curators most recent endeavors as well as works that incite conversation and explore expanded art practices.
Many artists in Ontario are unaware of the information and services available to them.
The Ontario government recently created a Web site to provide them with information about a range of programs and services specific to their needs.
The new website - http://www.ontarioartist.ca - includes links to important information for artists such as:
· sources of funding
· professional development opportunities
· how they can best manage their finances
· legal assistance
· how to market their work
· health information
Please visit OAAG's web site and explore the Jobline feature for details on each position.
Artists should submit the following:
- Name, mailing address, telephone, e-mail
- Except in unusual situations, at least six photographs, prints, slides or digital images, of work typical to that which the artist(s) wants to show
- Biographical note or curriculum vitae for each artist
- Include a list of previous showings, including when and where
- Provide a plan, script, sketches, audio or video recordings if the work is a performance or major installation piece (Indicate any specialized facilities or equipment required, that is being supplied by the artist)
- Indicate number or works to be shown, titles and sizes
- Preferably include an 'artist's statement' of purpose
- Include a return envelope and sufficient postage if return of submission materials is required
435 Barton Street East
Hamilton, Ontario L8L 2Y5
Become an integral part of the excitement and vision of the Grimsby Public Art Gallery. Volunteer to be a part of our fundraising committee, our advisory board, tour guides, gift shop attendants and more!
If you're interested, please contact the Gallery at:
Tel: (905) 945-3246
Fax: (905) 945-1789
e-mail the Gallery