Enriching Lives * Connecting Community * Inspiring Discovery
Accessibility: We strive to provide affordable accessibility.
Learning: We believe in intellectual freedom and nurturing lifelong learning for all.
Diversity: We connect and celebrate our diverse communities.
Innovation: We embrace innovation to offer vital and relevant library services.
Respect: We respect all and treat everyone with courtesy and fairness.
Accountability: We work responsibly & efficiently to share resources for the benefit of all.
The Grimsby Public Library's Strategic Plan - Imagining our Future outlines key goals and
objectives for the period 2011-2015. The Strategic Plan will help ensure that the Library
continues to evolve and keep pace with our growing community.
The Grimsby Public Library is governed by ten member Town Council appointed board. The Grimsby Public Library Board operates under the authority of the Ontario Public Libraries Act (R.S.O. 1990, chapter P.44). It is responsible for making policies for the operation of the Library; for obtaining appropriate funding for Library materials, services and programs; and for promoting the Grimsby Public Library in the community.The board members volunteer for a four year term that runs concurrent with the term of Town Council. Library Board meetings are open to the public. For more information, please contact the Chief Librarian at 905-945-5142 ext.2065.
2016 Meeting Dates
The Library Board generally meets at the Grimsby Public Library in the Multipurpose Room on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from September to June at 6:30 p.m.. Upcoming meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Wednesday, January 13, 2016 [ pdf agenda ] [ pdf minutes ]
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016 [ pdf agenda ] [ pdf minutes ]
- Wednesday, March 9, 2016 [ pdf agenda ] [ pdf minutes ]
- Wednesday, April 13, 2016 [ pdf agenda ] [ pdf minutes ]
- Wednesday, May 11, 2016 [ pdf agenda ] [ pdf minutes ]
- Wednesday, June 8, 2016 [ pdf agenda ] [ pdf minutes ]
- Wednesday, September 14, 2016 [ pdf agenda ] [ pdf minutes ]
- Wednesday, October 12, 2016 [ pdf agenda ] [ pdf minutes ]
- Wednesday, November 9, 2016 [ pdf agenda ] [ pdf minutes ]
- Wednesday, December 14, 2016 [ pdf agenda ] [ pdf minutes ]
- 2015 [ pdf agendas ] [ pdf minutes ]
- 2014 [ pdf agendas ] [ pdf minutes ]
- 2013 [ pdf agendas ] [ pdf minutes ]
• Gordana Mosher - Chair
• Joanne Gaulton - Vice-Chair
• Cathy Bliss
• Pierre Giroux
• John Hickson
• William (Bill) Lloyd
• Don Matheson
• Norman Opperman
• Alderman Joanne Johnston
• Alderman Michelle Seaborn
• Kathryn Drury CEO/Chief Librarian, Secretary-Treasurer to the Board
Audited Financial Statements
The Grimsby Public Library Board is a governing board, legal corporation with the authority to make policy and to govern the library’s affairs under the Public Libraries Act, RSO 1990, c. P.44. The Grimsby Public Library Board has direct responsibility for establishing and maintaining library policy.
Grimsby Public Library Code of Conduct
Grimsby Public Library Technology and Internet Use Policy
Grimsby Public Library Collection Management Policy
Grimsby Public Library Volunteer Policy
Grimsby Public Library Donations, Gifts, and Sponsorship Policy
Grimsby Public Library Display Policy
Grimsby Public Library Rights of Children and Teens
Grimsby Public Library Safety and Conduct of Children in the Library Policy
Grimsby Public Library Recruitment and Selection Policy
Grimsby Public Library Accessibility Policy
Grimsby Public Library Employee Code of Conduct, Performance and Disciplinary Action Policy
Grimsby Public Library Social Media Policy
Grimsby Public Library Inclement Weather and Unscheduled Closure Policy
Grimsby Public Library Procurement and Purchasing Policy
Grimsby Public Library Author Series Policy
Grimsby Public Library Planning Policy
Grimsby Public Library Conduct, Duties, and Responsibilities of Individual Board Members
Grimsby Public Library Board Assessment Policy